Model no: M404N
HP LaserJet Pro M404n
Winning in business means working smarter. The HP LaserJet Pro M404 printer is designed to let you focus your time where it’s most effective-helping to grow your business and staying ahead of the competition.
Workteams excel with HP’s black-and-white office LaserJet printers, which pack extra punch with high-quality results, extra power, and more features.
Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
Built to keep you—and your business—moving forward
- Print wirelessly even without the network; stay connected with dual band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct.
- Print effortlessly from any device, virtually anywhere, to any HP printer—securely through the cloud.
Best -in-class security-detect and stop attacks
- A suite of embedded security features help protect your printer from being an entry point for attacks.
- Help secure confidential information with optional PIN/Pull printing to retrieve print jobs.
- Optional HP JetAdvantage Security Manager lets you set configurationThwart potential attacks and take immediate action with instant notification of security issues.
Simply designed to uncomplicate your day
- Set up this printer fast and easily manage device settings to help increase overall printing efficiency.
- Make the most of your office space with a printer that conveniently fits into your workstyle.
- Work without delays or messes, with cartridges featuring auto seal removal.
Sustainability is smart business
- Avoid frustrating reprints, wasted supplies, and service calls using Original HP toner cartridges.
- Help save paper right out of the box. The duplex print setting is set at default paper savings mode.
- Saves up to 18% energy over prior products.
- Help save energy with HP Auto-on/Auto-off technology.
Color Print: Black
Print technology: Laser
Duplex printing: Manual (driver support provided)
- Black (A4, normal): Up to 38 ppm
- Black (letter, normal): Up to 40 ppm
First page out:
- Black (A4, ready): As fast as 6.3 sec
- Black (A4, sleep): As fast as 8.8 sec
Print resolution: Black (best) Fine Lines (1200 x 1200 dpi); Black (normal) Normal (Native: 600 x 600 dpi, enhanced up to 4800 x 600 dpi); Black (fine lines) Fine Lines (1200 x 1200 dpi)
Print resolution technology: HP FastRes1200, HP ProRes1200, Economode
Standard print languages: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP postscript level 3 emulation, PDF, URF, PWG Raster
- HP Printer Assistant; HP Utility (Mac); HP Device Toolbox; HP Web JetAdmin Software; HP JetAdvantage Security Manager; HP SNMP Proxy Agent; HP WS Pro Proxy Agent; Printer Administrator
- Resource Kit for HP Universal Print Driver (Driver Configuration Utility - Driver Deployment Utility - Managed Printing Administrator)
- Tray 1: 100-sheet multipurpose
- Tray 2: 250-sheet input
Output capacity: 150-sheet output bin
Media types: Paper (plain, EcoFFICIENT, light, heavy, bond, colored, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels
- Tray 1: 60 to 200 g/m²;
- Tray 2: Optional 550-sheet
- Tray 3: 60 to 120 g/m²
Media sizes, Custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Tray 2: Optional
- Tray 3: 100 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
Duty cycle (monthly): Up to 80,000 pages
Recommended monthly page volume: 750 to 4000
Number of print cartridges: 1 Black
AMS: For distribution and use in North America and Latin America only:
- HP 58A (CF258A) Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~3,000 pages)
- HP 58X (CF258X) Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~10,000 pages)
EMEA: For distribution and use in Europe, Middle East, Russia, CIS, and Africa only:
- HP 59A (CF259A) Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~3,000 pages)
- HP 59X (CF259X) Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~10,000 pages)
APJ: For distribution and use only in Asia Pacific - excluding China (PRC) and India:
- HP 76A (CF276A) Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~3,000 pages)
- HP 76X (CF276X) Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~10,000 pages)
Memory, standard: 256 MB
Hard Disk: None
Processor speed: 1200 MHz
Mobile Printing Capability
Mobile printing services: Apple AirPrint™; Google Cloud Print™; HP ePrint; HP Smart App; Mobile Apps; Mopria™ Certified; ROAM capable for easy printing
Network protocols, supported: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6; Print: TCP-IP port 9100 Direct Mode, LPD (raw queue support only), Web Services Printing, HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Mopria, IPP Print; Discovery: SLP, Bonjour, Web Services Discovery; IP Config: IPv4 (BootP, DHCP, AutoIP, Manual), IPv6 (Stateless Link-Local and via Router, Statefull via DHCPv6), SSL Security and Certificate management; Management: SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3, HTTP/HTTPS, Syslog, FTP FW Download
Standard connectivity: 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 host USB at rear side; Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T network
Wireless capability: No
Network capabilities: Built-in 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet, Gigabit; Auto-crossover Ethernet; Authentication via 802.1X
USB Cable: Not Included.
Fonts and typefaces: 84 scalable TrueType fonts
Control panel: 2-line LCD; OK button; Left button; Right button; Cancel button; Back button; Ready LED; Error LED
Display: 2-line backlit LCD graphic display
Power supply type: Internal (built-in) Power Supply
Power supply required: 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz) (Not dual voltage, product varies by part number with # Option code identifier);
Power consumption: 495 watts (active printing), 5.5 watts (ready), 0.5 watts (sleep), 0.5 watts (Auto Off/Wake on LAN, enabled at shipment), 0.05 watts (Auto-off/Manual-on), 0.05 (Manual Off)
Compatible operating systems:
- Windows Client OS (32/64 bit), Win10, Win8.1, Win 8 Basic, Win8 Pro, Win8 Enterprise, Win8 Enterprise N, Win7 Starter Edition SP1, UPD Win7 Ultimate, Mobile OS, iOS, Android, Mac, Apple® macOS Sierra v10.12, Apple® macOS High Sierra v10.13, Apple® macOS Mojave v10.14, Discrete PCL6 Printer Driver, For more information on the supported operating systems go to http://support.hp.com, Enter your product name and search, Click on User Guides and enter your product name and search for User Guide, Search for your (Product Name) User Guide, Search for the Supported Operating Systems section, UPD PCL6 / PS Printer Drivers, Supported Operating systems, For more information on the supported operating systems see http://www.hp.com/go/upd
Minimum system requirements:
- PC: 2 GB available hard disk space, Internet connection, USB port, Internet browser. For additional OS hardware requirements see microsoft.com;
- Mac: 2 GB available hard drive space, Internet connection or USB port, OS hardware requirements see apple.com
- Secure Boot, Secure Firmware Integrity, Runtime Code Integrity, password protected EWS, secure browsing via SSL/TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2; IPP over TLS; Network: enable/disable network ports and features, unused protocol and service disablement, SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3, community password change; HP ePrint: HTTPS with certificate validation, HTTP Basic Access Authentication, SASL authentication; Firewall and ACL; control panel lock, certificates configuration, UPD PIN printing, Syslog, signed firmware, administrator settings, 802.1x authentication (EAP-TLS, and PEAP); Encrypted data storage; Secure data erase; Automatic firmware updates; Secure Encrypted Print via optional job storage, Compatible with optional HP JetAdvantage Security Manager
Operating temperature range: 15 to 32.5°C
Recommended operating temperature: 17.5 to 25°C
Operating humidity range: 10 to 80% RH
Recommended operating humidity range: 30 to 70% RH
Dimension & Weight
Dimensions (W x D x H): 381 x 357 x 216 mm (15 x 14 x 8.5 in)
Weight: 8.2 kg (18 lb)